Google
 

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Firefox font fix

My last post on decreasing dpi got my Firefox fonts so damn small. Tried a lot of ways to fix it, even changed /chrome/userContent.css and userChrome.css but nothing worked.

I later installed a plugin named NoSquint which permanently changes the zoom level for individual or all sites. While this worked fine for me, i was lookin for a permanent solution.

Finally i found out that firefox tries to sync it's dpi with system's dpi, which i've already set low. Now the fix for that is as follows.

  • Go to address bar and type about:config
  • change the layout.css.dpi value from -1 (or whatever) to 0 (zero)
My Firefox now shows normal fonts.

2 comments:

  1. Jwalanta,
    What i have noticed similar problem in Firefox in my PC.

    I havent manipulated anything. But again IE works, but Firefox sucks.

    Have you sorted out the problem in your Blog-in-Nepali? :)

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a really useful blog. I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete