Google
 

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movie Mania

Lately I've been watching some of the best movies Hollywood has offered and I've missed to watch. It's not like I'm watching movies all the time, but I've been digging the Oscar winners and Best-Movies lists and taking out time to watch the best listed ones. Here are some of them (with no particular order, they all are the best in their respective genre).

Babel
This movie is in five languages. English, Japanese, Japanese Sign Language, Mexican and Arabic. Story of different lives connected together.

The Departed
This one finally gave Martin Scorsese an Oscar. Perhaps one of the best in its genre (crime-thiller).

Love Actually

This movie is like Best-Collection CD. The best of love stories all in one. Makes you wonder the different ways ppl go 'stupid' together. :)

21 Grams
Sean Penn is my fav and I love non-chronologically edited movies. And now I wonder how did I miss this one.. I also didnt know this movie is from the same director (Alejandro González Iñárritu) who directed Babel too and is a part of his 'Death Trilogy'.

They say we all lose 21 grams... at the exact moment of our death. Everyone. And how much fits into 21 grams? How much is lost when do we lose 21 grams? How much goes with them? How much is gained? How much is gained?

When Harry met Sally
This one is classic. But I still feel like they shouldn't have married.

Ratatouille
I usually take animation movies from comedy perspective. But this movie is so full of soul. And yes, 'anyone can cook'. That includes me too. (But plz dont taste my soup! ;))

Crash
Kundan had recommended this movie to me long time back saying this is perhaps the most accurate portrayal of America. Donno if it's true, but if it is, America is a horrible place to live..

The Kite Runner
This movie is straight on to my all time favorite list. Didnt know it's based on an award winning novel of the same name by Khaled Hosseini (should have read the novel first). But still it's a brilliant movie and the cinematography of kite flyings are simply breathtaking! If i had to choose the best one from all the movies i have mentioned, i'd choose this one.
For you, a thousand times over!

On my to-watch list:
Goodfellas
Se7en
No country for old men
Juno
.
.
(Please recommend..)

3 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm...

    seems like i'll have to pop-in at your place quite soon...

    some of these seem yummy .........

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya make it quick yaar, i'm already deleting them as i'm download other movies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting collection of movies were gathered above..love to read there brief details too...I definitely willing to read more articles like that from the same author...thanks

    essay

    ReplyDelete